Skip to main content

Surgery Update (yes, I'm even a smart aleck when describing my surgery)

Well, I just returned home from the surgery. I was told that it went very well  and by a couple women that I was "magnificent." I'm not sure what they were referring to, but I may have to press charges in the near future.

I was placed on Vicodin, Motrin, an anti-biotic (whose name I am unable to pronounce at this current juncture) and heroin. I've been told to not shower for 48 hours (this frightens me and is sure to frighten others much more than myself, even my dogs), to not drive for 1-2 weeks, to not work out for some time (I'll try to find a way to work around that...2 lb. dumbbells are my specialty anyway), to not involve myself in any acts of gang violence for a week or two and to see the doctor in a couple weeks to check up on things. I'm to refrain from fatty foods until then and so long as I'm not taking my pain killer, I may engage myself in the act of drinking adult soda pops.

Well, I think that's about all the news I have at this time. I have four lovely incision marks around my belly and am thinking about doing some swimsuit modeling in the coming days. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on that. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes and if I so happen to be too drugged to type one day or night and write in a language that appears to be a hybrid of Swedish and Jive, I sincerely apologize. Now it's time to enjoy the Vicodin and pass out for a bit. Ciao.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...