Skip to main content

#HighSchoolTaughtMe

I may have had poor timing when I started posting tweets for the trending hashtag #HighSchoolTaughtMe, but regardless, I thought I'd share them anyway. Here they are, ordered from the most to the least popular (all my tweets can be seen at this link - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) #HighSchoolTaughtMe bullies should never be elected president, especially when their last name rhymes with "dump."
24 Likes, 8 Retweets

2) #HighSchoolTaughtMe the key to life is being accepted by squeaky-voiced "athletes" you may only know for 4 years of your life.
9 Likes, 1 Retweet

2) #HighSchoolTaughtMe it's always socially acceptable to say, "I'm unemployed and I live with my parents." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6c17WxIcCw …)
#Costanza
9 Likes, 1 Retweet

4) #HighSchoolTaughtMe there's no nap like a Study Hall nap.
8 Likes, 0 Retweets

5) #HighSchoolTaughtMe lunch breaks just aren't the same without recess.
4 Likes, 3 Retweets

6) #HighSchoolTaughtMe spelling bee champions get all the girls, chicks, damsels, mademoiselles, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
6 Likes, 0 Retweets

6) #HighSchoolTaughtMe the three guarantees in life are: 1) Death, 2) Taxes, and 3) VHS tapes at Blockbuster Video.
6 Likes, 0 Retweets

6) #HighSchoolTaughtMe Shakespeare didn't ask, "To be or not to be;" he asked, "To pass a note or not to pass a note?"
6 Likes, 0 Retweets

9) #HighSchoolTaughtMe the day's never complete without a game of dodgeball between meetings.
3 Likes, 2 Retweets

9) #HighSchoolTaughtMe when there's something strange in the neighborhood, I'm gonna call my mom from a payphone.
4 Likes, 1 Retweet

9) #HighSchoolTaughtMe the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about, along with "Saved By the Bell" and CliffsNotes.
5 Likes, 0 Retweets

9) #HighSchoolTaughtMe you learn something every day, well, only the days you stay awake during Mrs. Ben Stein's morning Biology class.
5 Likes, 0 Retweets

13) #HighSchoolTaughtMe fart jokes are like Elvis Presley. They'll never die.
3 Likes, 1 Retweet

13) #HighSchoolTaughtMe saying "like" every other word like makes you like really cool and like hot and stuff.
3 Likes, 1 Retweet

13) #HighSchoolTaughtMe you know things have gotten serious when you're holding hands with somebody at a roller skating rink.
4 Likes, 0 Retweets

16) #HighSchoolTaughtMe nothing drives the ladies crazier than when you say, "Mmmbop, ba duba dop." (Hanson video)
3 Likes, 0 Retweets

17) #HighSchoolTaughtMe it's perfectly acceptable for others to take credit for your hard work.
2 Likes, 0 Retweets

17) #HighSchoolTaughtMe love at first sight often ends a day or two later.
2 Likes, 0 Retweets

19) #HighSchoolTaughtMe you don't know what you have with a girlfriend until you break up and find a new one the following day.
1 Like, 0 Retweets

19) #HighSchoolTaughtMe if you're feeling uncertain about something, anything, just ask the cheerleading squad to give you a cheer.
1 Like, 0 Retweets

19) #HighSchoolTaughtMe inconsistent and squeaky voices can be sexy.
1 Like, 0 Retweets

19) #HighSchoolTaughtMe rumors never die because they're always true.
1 Like, 0 Retweets

Totals: 110 Likes, 18 Retweets (Averages of 5.0 Likes, 0.8 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...