Skip to main content

Protect the lives of puppy-monkey-babies!

Family Research Council founder James Dobson has decided to take his fight against abortion to the next level, as he has recently lobbied Congressional Republicans to sign a bill protecting the life of each and every puppy-monkey-baby. On his radio show, Family Talk with Dr. James Dobson, the evangelical leader said this:

"Have you seen the Mountain Dew puppy-monkey-baby commercial? Some people have found this ad disturbing, even going so far as to say the creators must have been snorting some kind of drugs, like Pepto Bismol. I, however, find it disturbing for another reason - there has been no legislation proposed in Congress to protect puppy-monkey-babies from abortion. I realize there have been no other reported cases of puppy-monkey-babies and it's still highly perplexing how this first one came to be born - perhaps via a crazy threesome between a bulldog, a woman named Barbara Shitzcrazy, and a pygmy marmoset - but in any case, we must protect these fetus animal things. So I want each and every one of you to write and call your local Congressmen and tell them to pass a bill protecting the innocent lives of puppy-monkey-babies. Tell them that, unless you're a gay or lesbo, we're all God's children, that we should all be accepted and loved as such, and that if they don't pass such a bill, they'll be going to hell. Amen."

In response to Dobson's statement, the creators of the Mountain Dew ad said, "What the hell kinda sh*t is that dude on? Whatever it is, give us some to help us with our next commercial, 'hippo tarantula princess.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...