Skip to main content

Donald Trump - A Walking Contradiction

It's becoming increasingly more difficult to know where Donald Trump stands on an issue. He'll often times respond to such questions by going the vague route ("We might have to do something about that, somehow, someway, well, maybe"), the repetitious route ("That's a good question about whether or not we should ban hookers named Chastity in Las Vegas"), or the change-of-subject route ("Interesting... So did you see my latest poll numbers? Yuge, like massively yuge, yugely yuge even!"). At the end of these (non-)rants, listeners are quite possibly less cognizant about where Trump stands on the matter than before he started speaking. Not only that, but Trump hasn't been coy about flip-flopping from one day to the next, or even contradicting himself in a single interview. The most recent example of this came on Sunday, when Trump said, "I'm not advocating guns in classrooms, but remember in some cases - a lot of people made this case - teachers should have guns, trained teachers should have guns in classrooms."

Let's think about this for a moment here. Trump in essence said he doesn't think guns should be allowed in classrooms yet teachers should be allowed to have guns. Where do teachers often reside in schools? Oh, that's right - the classrooms. So in other words, Trump is saying, "Guns shouldn't be in classrooms, but at the same time, they should, you know?" No, it doesn't make any sense, and sadly, that's more the trend than an aberration as far as presumptive Republican nominee Donald J. Trump is concerned. Given his ridiculously stupid and contradictory statement, expect him to utter the following lines at some point before election day:

- "I'm not advocating marijuana, but smoke it if you got it, you know?"

- "I'm not advocating violence at my rallies, but beat the crap out of that guy over there please!"

- "I'm not advocating war, just bombing lots and lots of people."

- "I'm not advocating birth-control, except in cases when women don't wanna get pregnant."

- "I'm not advocating dishonesty, but climate-change is a hoax, Obama wasn't born in this country, and Shaquille O'Neal's hands are like Mini-Me's compared to mine."

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/05/22/3780705/trump-guns-in-classrooms/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...