Skip to main content

A North Dakota Representative believes abortions lead to school shootings...

North Dakota Republican member of the House - Kevin Cramer - had some interesting remarks when giving a commencement address at the University of Mary on May 4th of this year.

During this speech, Cramer said, "Forty years ago, the United States Supreme Court sanctioned abortion on demand. And we wonder why our culture sees school shootings so often."

Right, because the legalization of abortion is the cause for school shootings. I'm not sure how that alleged link works exactly, but I'm going to try and crawl inside the mind of Representative Cramer (not literally, thank goodness) and see where he possibly came up with such a link.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today I stand before you all to tell you the honest-to-God truth - guns don't shoot and kill people; abortions shoot and kill people! Think about it... Due to the sinful nature of abortion, God has made it so that whenever a child is aborted, a person gets shot and killed due to that abortion. Also, when someone has an abortion, the baby is fired out of the woman's vagina and slams into the doctor like a bullet from a machine gun. The doctor dies instantly from the baby-gunshot wound. Don't just take my word for it - take God's! Now, due to all of these babies flying out of their mother's vaginas at great speeds and killing doctors, along with God punishing others with fatal gunshots, a great number of people have become angered by these events, and this is when they resort to school shootings. That, my friends, is a fact! Like I said, guns don't shoot and kill people; abortions should and kill people! Thank you. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!"

I'm guessing Mr. Cramer would draw a similarly crazy link with regard to gay marriage, such as this:

"Hear me loud and clear, America! We're seeing more and more states legalizing gay marriage. And we wonder why people have so many abortions!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/kevin-cramer-school-shootings_n_3285328.html?1368720539

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...