Skip to main content

Radio show host Bob Davis "apologizes" for his angry Newtown rant

So, it appears as if radio show host Bob Davis - co-host of Davis & Emmer - has apologized for his angry rant at the expense of the Sandy Hook victims in Newtown, Connecticut.

Let me first play back what sparked the controversy. Not long ago, Davis said the following on his radio show:

"And here's the other thing that drives me crazy. They trot out the victims. And I have something I want to say to the victims of Newtown, or any other shooting. I don't care if it's here in Minneapolis or anyplace else. Just because a bad thing happened to you doesn't mean that you get to put a king in charge of my life. I'm sorry that you suffered a tragedy, but you know what? Deal with it, and don't force me to lose my liberty, which is a greater tragedy than your loss. I'm sick and tired of seeing these victims trotted out, given rides on Air Force One, hauled into the Senate well, and everyone is just afraid -- they're terrified of these victims."

He added, "I would stand in front of them (the victims) and tell them, 'go to hell.'"

A few days later, Davis told his listeners this:

"I made an inappropriate comment and did not mean to criticize the families of the victims. ... I want to offer my most sincere and total apology to all the families for any further pain those words may have caused."

Read those two sets of statements over again. How on earth are the victims' families supposed to take his apology as sincere? This is what I've never understood about such "apologies." What are listeners truly supposed to believe? The lengthy rant Bob Davis went on, saying such things ad, "Deal with it, and don't force me to lose my liberty, which is a greater tragedy than your loss." and "I would stand in front of them (the victims) and tell them, 'go to hell.," or the half-arsed apology saying that he's "sincerely" sorry? The man only sounded genuine once in those two sets of comments and it wasn't in the latter one.

I'm sorry, Mr. Davis, but that disingenuous apology doesn't cut it for me, just as I'm sure it doesn't for the victims' families either. 

If you, like me, would like to see Bob Davis fired for his hateful Newtown outburst, please visit one or both of the two following sites, sign your name to the petition, and spread the word:

https://www.change.org/petitions/clear-channel-fire-bob-davis-from-the-davis-and-emmer-radio-show

http://signon.org/sign/tell-twin-cities-news



http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2013/04/bob_davis_on_davis_emmer_show_says_newtown_shooting_victims_can_go_to_hell_audio.php

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/tv/204097941.html?refer=y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...