Skip to main content

Joe Theismann has a man-crush on LeBron James

Former Washington Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann had some interesting words for Fox Sports Florida and the NFL Network over the past few days, where he said the following about Miami Heat superstar LeBron James becoming an NFL quarterback:

"I would love to work him out and also serve as his agent. I'll go wherever he wants this summer. He could play another four years in the NBA before seriously trying the NFL. There are not a lot of 38- or 39-year old basketball players, but there are 38- and 39-year old quarterbacks, so there's always time for him."

He added this:

"Who wouldn't want to coach LeBron James? He's the most physical specimen we have in professional sports. He could do, I think, anything he wanted."

and

"He's as mentally as tough a guy you're going to find, which I think is the No. 1 prerequisite to play the position."

Theismann also wrote:

"He has perfect hair, kind eyes, a world-class smile, and a giant bulge in his pants which makes me feel warm and giddy just thinking about it. If I were a woman, I'd want to have his babies. Just look at him. Don't you just want to do that? I know I do, and I'm not even gay. The man is a breath of fresh air, so fresh that I imagine even his farts smell like heaven. There's no other way to say it - I'm in love."

LeBron James is 28-years old and if he continues playing for another few years, has the chance to break multiple NBA records, including former quarterback man-crushes. Why on earth would he give all that up to give professional football a try? Michael Jordan did that once when he gave baseball a gander, and we all know how well that turned out. In the meantime, I recommend Theismann give former NBA player Muggsy Bogues a call and train him to become an NFL running back. At 5'3'' and shrinking, Bogues could hide behind offensive linemen all day, along with pretty much everyone else over the age of 15.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9317790/joe-theismann-sees-potential-nfl-qb-lebron-james

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...