Skip to main content

Gulf nations think about conducting tests to "detect" gays

Homosexuality is already punishable by law in the gulf nations of: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman - also referred to as the GCC [Gulf Cooperation Council] countries. Well, these countries are going to try and go one step further and discuss a proposal on November 11th on possibly conducting tests to detect gays and bar them from entering any of the GCC countries.

Peter Tatchell, British activist and directer of the Peter Tatchell Foundation, said the following on the matter:

"There is no known medical test to detect homosexuality. I wonder what quackery the Kuwaiti authorities plan to invent in their vain attempt to identify gay men. It simply won't work..."

Those are my thoughts exactly. My guess is these gulf nation-authorities will determine a man is gay through the following tests:

- If, without shoes on, he's shorter than 5'5''

- If, when asked about his favorite sport, he says, "The one with the ball."

- If his voice is higher than a 13-year old boy, even if he's 12 or younger

- If he looks like someone an authority suspects likes penis

- If his name rhymes with dance

- If an authority penetrated him with his manhood and doesn't want anyone to know about it

- If he refuses to drink tap water

- If he thinks Allah looked like Prince

- If he looks so pretty, an authority hit on him, thinking he was a woman

- If, when asked to describe breasts, he says they feel like sand

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/gulf-countries-detect-gays_n_4065927.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...