Skip to main content

Ridiculous Columbus Dispatch letter-to-the-editor headline

It seems that Columbus Dispatch letters-to-the-editor are getting increasingly more ridiculous. I didn't even bother to read this following article, for the headline told me all I needed to know, as it read:  "Only socialists think Tea Party is radical."

Obviously... In a new Pew poll, it found that among moderate and liberal Republicans, the Tea Party has an approval rating of only 27%. Among people of every political stripe, they're seen favorably by just 30% of them and unfavorably by 49%. Ted Cruz's approval rating among mainstream Republicans is only at 25%.

In an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, it showed that only 21% of people approve of the Tea Party, while 47% disapprove. Not only that, but just 14% see Tea Party darling Ted Cruz favorably, while 28% do not.

Lastly, in a recent CNN poll, it showed that only 31% of respondents approve of the Tea Party and 54% do not.

Republican New York Representative Peter King has said that, "This party is nuts," and specifically targeted Ted Cruz during such statements.

John McCain and a few other Congressional Republicans have also taken shots at Tea Partiers in Congress.

So, does this mean that a solid majority of this country, including Congressional Republicans such as Peter King and John McCain, are socialists?

Magic 8 ball says: "My sources say no."

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/poll-gop-tea-party-98409.html

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/10/20903624-nbcwsj-poll-shutdown-debate-damages-gop?lite

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/politics/cnn-poll-congress-approval/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...