Skip to main content

Interesting Twitter experience over the weekend

Over the weekend, I posted this late-night tweet: "Breaking news from Fox: Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi, Obamacare site, IRS, Benghazi. Fox News - always fair and balanced. #OrNot"

It received many favorites, re-tweets, and humorous commentary from followers. However, as I awoke the next morning, I was greeted with a couple of comments from a follower's friend who was an obvious Fox News fan.

"Stop drinking the koolaid! OCare has failed! What about all of O's other messes?"

and

"I'll be smiling when you all see your healthcare prices going up! I'll really be laughing at you then!"

To the first comment, I simply replied, "How can a law fail before it has been fully implemented?"

In regard to the second comment, I said, "You'd be happy to see people have trouble attaining affordable health insurance? Are you the tin man or something?"

Her next replies included the following words: Obamacare, socialism, kool-aid, and that was really about it.

I finally ended matters by saying, "You've obviously been brainwashed. I suggest you take your own advice and stop drinking the kool-aid, Fox News style."

A friend of her's chimed in with, "Republicans = followers = thinkers, Democrats = Libtards = drinking the koolaid."

No, I'm not exactly sure what he was talking about either, but it sounded eloquent nevertheless..

As I now have over 4,100 followers, I'm sure this kind of thing will happen with more regularity since more followers equals more re-tweets which equals more Tea Partiers and Fox News fans seeing these tweets and feeling tempted to respond. It would just be nice if one of these days, such an individual would respond with a thoughtful comment, as opposed to those key words which have been brandished into their brains from right-wing media outlets, such as: Socialism, Obamacare, socialist, Commie, Communist, liberal, moocher, etc., etc., etc. Whenever I read such comments, I want to hold up a bumper sticker, which says, "Yeah, I can do that too..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...