Skip to main content

Is Tebow winning because of God? Yes, people are asking this...

Due to the Denver Broncos 7-1 record with Tim Tebow at the helm and in the manner that they've won these games, some are claiming that it's due to divine intervention. Tim Tebow is an outspoken Christian and is not coy about showing this on the field as well. That's his right. Whatever. However, the notion that God is aiding Tebow and the Broncos because of Tebow is ridiculous.

How many members of the Indianapolis Colts football team are Christian? I don't have data to back this up, but I'm guessing several. How many are die-hard Christian? Again, I have no numbers on hand to support my guess, but I would have to believe there are at least a couple. Why then are the Colts 0-13?

The Chicago Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908. Have they not possessed any die-hard Christians on  their clubs for the past 103 years?

Did the Boston Red Sox break their curse with the aid of God, since one of their players prayed hard enough that year?

What, does God make sports bets while in heaven? Does he have a serious problem with the before-mentioned Cubs? Is Lucifer perhaps a Cubs fan?

I think even Mr. Tebow himself would call this asinine, that and to praise baby Jesus, or something along those lines...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...