Skip to main content

Now the question is - Who's had the more memorable season? Tim Tebow or Aaron Rodgers?

What is with all of these questions comparing Tim Tebow to Aaron Rodgers? First it was "Who's more clutch?" Then I read an article asking which one was more valuable to his team. Now the question is, "Who's season is more memorable?"

Can we please stop this? It's getting ridiculous. Aaron Rodgers has led his Green Bay Packers to a 12-0 record and they have a very good shot at going undefeated this year. Aaron Rodgers has the chance to break four records this year. The all-time best passer rating in a season was set by Peyton Manning in 2004, when he finished the year with a passer rating of 121.1. With four games to go, Rodgers has a rating of 125.8, almost 6 points ahead of Manning. In 2009, Drew Brees set the record by completing 70.9% of his passes. Rodgers has completed 70.6% of his passes, just 0.3% behind Brees. In 2007, Tom Brady passed for 50 touchdowns. Rodgers has thrown 37 touchdowns and is on pace to throw for 49.3 touchdowns. Dan Marino threw for 5,084 yards in 1984. Rodgers has passed for 3,844 yards is on pace for 5,125.3 yards.

Do I really even need to go over Tebow's numbers? I don't think so. Rodgers is MVP of the league this year, could potentially break four all-time passing records and lead his team to an undefeated regular season. Call me crazy, but I'd say his season is more memorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...