Skip to main content

Dry vs. Wet Heat

I don't care what anyone tells me. There is definitely a difference between wet and dry heat. Some people have laughed at me when I made the comment, "Well, at least it's a dry heat." Can't people feel the difference?

I've been down south, in Atlanta, Orlando and Myrtle Beach. I've also been to parts of California and Las Vegas. Heck, people in Nebraska get the best (or worst) of both worlds. If I walk outside on a hot dry day, I can still breathe. Yeah, it's hot, but I can stay outside for a while, sweat and then come back in to cool off. On a hot muggy day, I can't be outside for an extended period of time. Right when I step outside, I start to sweat and breathe heavily.

Just today, it was muggy for a while in the afternoon. I took my two dogs for a short walk and they had their tongues hanging out after a couple minutes. It wasn't too hot either, around 77 degrees, but with 50% humidity. It felt much warmer than 77, more like 85 or so. Not long later, as a storm moved in, I stepped outside and while it was still around 75, it actually felt 70-75.

If anyone wants to argue. Go spend a week in San Diego and then go spend a week in New Orleans. If a person does that and can't feel any difference whatsoever, then they have some major problems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...