Skip to main content

Atlanta Braves - Streakiest Team in Baseball

I've been an Atlanta Braves fan for many years and I have to say - this is one of the strangest seasons I've observed of theirs. I don't think there can be much debating it - the Atlanta Braves are the streakiest team in Major League Baseball.

Here's a rundown of their season to this point:

The Braves started the year 0-4, losing their first four games, before winning ten of their next eleven to go to 10-5 on the season. In late May, they were losers of eight straight to fall to 26-24 overall, just before winning eight of their next nine to improve to 34-25. Just after that, they lost seven of their next eight to drop to 35-32, before winning three straight (38-32), losing seven of eleven (42-39) and most recently, winning seven consecutive games to bring them to 49-39 on the season to this point. If these aren't the streakiest bunch of SOB's, I don't know who is.

So, how will the Braves finish? The heck if I know. They could just as well win their final 74 games as they could lose them. They could win the World Series or not even make the playoffs. I don't even think a psychic or an omniscient being would know what these Braves are going to do. Thank Zeus Leo Mazzone is no longer the pitching coach there. The guy would have rocked himself to the point of banging his head against the wall and suffering a concussion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...