Skip to main content

Trump Talks Childcare

In a recent Q&A session at the Economic Club of New York, Donald Trump engaged in the following back and forth.

QUESTION: "If you win in November, can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?"

TRUMP: "Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down. You know, I was somebody - we had, Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka, was so impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about - that, because look, child care is child care, couldn't - you know, there's something - you have to have it in this country. You have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers, compared to the kind of numbers that I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to. But they'll get used to it very quickly. And it's not going to stop them from doing business with us. But they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including child care, that it's going to take care. We're going to have, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country. Because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care. But those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just - that I just told you about. We're going to be taking in trillions of dollars. And then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people. But we're going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about make America great again. We have to do it because right now, we're a failing nation. So we'll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. Thank you."

What. The. F*ck. Seriously, what is this guy talking about? Does anybody know? I'm almost certain he doesn't. Okay, okay, let's back up a second here. Let's break down Trump's 319-word response and attempt to understand it, shall we?

QUESTION: "If you win in November, can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?"

"Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down."

We're off to a good start. Trump gets asked about childcare and his first thought is to tell us he's sitting down. I can't wait to see where he takes this next...

"You know, I was somebody - we had, Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka, was so impactful on that issue."

Well, that was unexpected - Donald Trump is unintentionally admitting he's no longer a somebody. This was not on my 2024 bingo card. 

"It's a very important issue."

Does he know what issue he's talking about here? It's an important issue. Marco Rubio and Ivanka Trump were impactful on this issue. But what is the issue? Please continue...

"But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about - that, because look, child care is child care, couldn't - you know, there's something - you have to have it in this country."

Okay, so he does know what issue he's talking about, my bad. As a matter of fact, not only does he know what issue he's talking about, he's provided a profound point about said issue - "Child care is child care." How will you make child care affordable? "Child care is child care." Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

"You have to have it."

Okay, so perhaps he knows childcare is the topic at hand, but he misunderstood the question. What specific legislation will you advance to help make childcare more affordable? "Child care is child care." and "You have to have it." don't sound much like detailed bills. I'm not going to give up hope, though. Let's move on...

"But when you talk about those numbers, compared to the kind of numbers that I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to."

Tariffs again? The China-tariffs he imposed in his first term have cost American taxpayers $230 billion, as of March of this year. Okay, so he knows the topic is childcare, but may not understand the question and he definitely doesn't understand what 'tariffs' are. Genius businessman right here...

"But they'll get used to it very quickly."

American taxpayers won't... 

"And it's not going to stop them from doing business with us."

This guy really needs to go back to school. Please let me rephrase: this guy really needs to go to school.

"But they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country."

Donald Trump may very well be the dumbest businessperson to ever walk planet earth. How? How does he tie his own shoes? I don't get it.

"Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including child care, that it's going to take care."

...and those numbers would be? 

"We're going to have, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country."

Now that's funny. Lil Donnie is taking a crack at stand-up. I say that because the budget deficit before Trump entered office was 0.59T. What was it when he left office? 3.13T, or an increase of 430.5%. Sidenote: Speaking of fraud, Drumpf was found liable of it and ordered to pay a fine of close to half a billion dollars as a result. This is in addition to the $25 million he was fined for the fraudulent Trump University.

"Because I have to stay with child care."

 Um, okay. We're still awaiting specific plans to help make it more affordable, but go on...

"I want to stay with child care."

So let's see if I've got this straight. Child care is child care. He has to stay with child care. He wants to stay with child care. Okay, now I think I've got it...

"But those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just - that I just told you about."

What economic numbers? What plan? Does this guy know what 'specifics' are? Don't tell me, he thinks it's an ocean...

"We're going to be taking in trillions of dollars."

Through grifts? Like that Bible and those gold shoes of yours?

"And then we'll worry about the rest of the world."

Translation: "I, Donald Trump, am going to take in money for myself. Once I finish that, which will be never, I'll worry about the rest of you. You're welcome." 

"Let's help other people."

Yes, namely: Donald Trump, Jr., Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Melania Trump, Mike Lindell, Vladimir Putin, Tiffany Trump, Barron Trump, and that's about it.

"But we're going to take care of our country first."

"Take care of," as in defeat or destroy.

"This is about America first."

Putin America First, am I right? 

"It's about make America great again."

Couldn't have been too great, if, just upon entering office, President Biden managed to destroy the country, as Trump seems to claim. The more likely reason is Trump screwed up the country, and upon entering office, President Biden had to clean up the mess.

"We have to do it because right now, we're a failing nation."

Remember where we were 4 years ago? I'd say we're much better off today, bigly.

"So we'll take care of it."

How? You were asked how you would make childcare more affordable. Stop talking like a mob boss and give us some details! Oh yeah, you can't do that, can you?

"Thank you."

For what?

"Very good question."

Really? That's it? 319 words and no semblance of an answer to the question? Sad.

"Thank you."

Bite me. 

Okay, so to recap, the question asked was, "If you win in November, can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?"

In 319 words, Donald Trump has said he'll make childcare affordable by wanting to stay with childcare; staying with childcare; and finally admitting that childcare is childcare - miraculously doing all this while sitting down. Got all that? I'd say Donald Trump is losing it, but that would imply he ever had it to begin with, and well, no, that's not possible. Sadly, this incoherent response is not an aberration for Donald Trump. This is how he "thinks." It's how he talks. How anyone can listen to this man's gibberish and say with a straight face, "He's the person I want to lead this country!" is beyond me. Make America Great Again? No, let's vote for Kamala Harris/Tim Walz and try to make America sane again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i