Skip to main content

Virginia pizza shop offers a 15% discount to anyone carrying a gun. No, nothing could go wrong there...

Jay Laze, owner of the Virginia pizza shop All Around Pizzas and Deli, has recently offered a 15% discount to any customer that carries with them a gun into his shop.

That's right, whether a person brings in a pistol or an AK-47, he or she will be given a 15% discount on their order. No, nothing could possibly go wrong here...

Whether these guns were legally obtained is of no relevance. Neither is the mental state of the customer, his/her criminal history, blood-alcohol level, etc.

More guns equal less shootings! It's a fact! Just like more fast food equals less obesity! With this new discount, I can't possibly see the following scenario play out with some drunk kids:

Drunkard #1: "Dude, I'm hungry."

Drunkard #2: "Me too. Let's get some pizza!"

#1: "Yeah! I know! Let's get some free pizza at that one place. Do you have your gun on you?"

#2: "Always. We showered together just before we got drunk. Free pizza, though? Really?"

#1: "Yeah! Some dude has this discount on pizza if you bring a gun!"

#2: "But, I don't have any money."

#1: "Me neither. Well, we'll have our guns on us. That 15% discount will be 100% if we point them at him."

#2: "Alright. Let's do this! I'm starving!"

I'm also certain parents with young kids will like this as well...

Joanna: "So, where should we take the kids out to eat tonight? McDonald's? Pizza Hut? Subway?"

Teddy: "I was thinking about that pizza joint with all the guns..."

Joanna: "That's a great idea! I accidentally threw away all my coupons for this week. Our guns will be our coupons! We should go out and buy guns for Ted Jr., Ricardo, and Mo."

Teddy: "I don't know if that's possible since they're 2, 4, and 6 years old. We can sure as hell try, though! This is America, dam*it!"

Joanna: "We'll just have to make sure to all wear helmets and bulletproof vests, just in case one of our guns accidentally goes off again."

Teddy: "Yeah, I'll never forget that time it went off in church, and in the middle of a prayer too. I hope the good Lord can forgive me."

Joanna: "He will, sweetie. Now, let's go buy and surround our young kids with deadly weapons."

Yeah, in light of this bit of news, Jay Laze will start offering discounts for customers whom carry in the following:

- Machetes: 25% off

- Rocket launchers: 50% off

- A tank: 75% off

- An autographed picture of Ted Nugent: 100% off

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/19/1607601/pizza-guns-discount/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...